India Power Business Overview

Sembcorp Energy India Limited (SEIL) is promoted by Sembcorp Utilities Pte. Ltd. (SCU), a wholly owned subsidiary of Sembcorp Industries Limited (SCI), which is listed on the main board of the Singapore Exchange.

With an investment of USD ~4 billion, Sembcorp is one of the leading independent power generators in India.

The group’s thermal power and renewable energy assets in India are consolidated under SEIL. Sembcorp has a balanced portfolio of thermal and renewable assets in India, with more than 4,000 megawatts of power capacity in operation and under development across seven states.

SEIL owns 100% of the equity shares of Sembcorp Gayatri Power Limited (SGPL) and 72% of the equity shares of Sembcorp Green Infra Limited (SGIL). SEIL will acquire the remaining 28% equity shares of SGIL from Infrastructure Development Finance Company (IDFC) by March 2018.

Every day, Sembcorp’s essential power supply and urban development solutions help India come closer to realising its goal of improving the quality of life, boosting its industrial growth and bringing it a step closer to its vision of energy security.

As a trusted provider of essential energy, Sembcorp’s power generation facilities are contributing to further improving power supply and enabling long-term growth in the region.